Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Year end season

I have been out doing plenty of recce work lately - checking out the stores, happening events, makan places. No, it's not specifically for the year end holiday season. It is so I know where to take the relay of visitors I will have over the next two months.

I am not good with seasonal shopping crowds to begin with. At this time of the year, the endless Christmas tunes make me go ape shit (pardon me language, but I can't think of another word).

Oh, all versions of Yuletide music - traditional, pop, jazz, R&B, cheena, cheesy, children. Everywhere, playing on and on mercilessly in a loop. In shopping centres, on the streets, in Korean BBQs, in hawker centres. I really can't take much more of this.

I have to consider ear-plugs to see myself through the season.

Oh Bah Hum Bah.

I do love the decorations and lights though. Maybe I'll make it through cheerfully enough yet.

4 comments:

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

i love xmas songs! somehow they make me happier. not so much this yr tho cos of the recession. somehow, i feel guilty spending.

sinlady said...

eatdrinkplayjunkie - u do? then it's a good season for u. i just can't handle the endlessness of it. same goes for the chingchong CNY songs.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

er. i cant say the same for chinese songs tho.

sinlady said...

edpjunkie - chingchong is bad no matter what your mood. haha