Thursday, January 28, 2010

Yes I'm Ready

The long to-do list is mostly done. At least the absolutely necessary ones and the ones that can be taken care of are done.

There is now the packing left. And then, yes, I am ready.

I am looking forward to this trip for many reasons:

- I will be happy to see my longtime friends in the old Californian hometown again. They are a very special lot, always there with a kind word and a helping hand for me.

- I will be visiting New York city for the first time. It never crossed my mind to see the place all the years I lived in California. I guess I always thought I'd get there someday. And then I left the country.

- I look forward to shopping for myself. I love how clothes and shoes sizing fits exactly right regardless of brand. I am a size 6 regular/average/miss for clothes and a size 7 for shoes. I don't need conversion tables to find my size.

- The US, especially California, is a very special place for me. It is where I was allowed to make enough mistakes, be forgiven for them, so that I could grow into who I am.

- It is still home to me, if only in my heart.

Yes, I am ready.

13 comments:

zewt said...

Have a good trip!

sinlady said...

zewt - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Selamat bercuti, pasti seronok!
Regards-NM

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

have fun! lets meet up when you are back

sinlady said...

nm + edpj - thanks. in taiwan airport now waiting for transfer at 11 tonight.

edpj - will arrange meet up soon!

wildgoose said...

At last! :)

Singapore, with its demand on efficiency, probably isn't so forgiving in comparison, is it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sinlady said...

wildgoose - they are just very different. and i like this place better in my younger dayts:)

suzie wong said...

coffee & gossips when u return

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sinlady said...

suziewong - yes!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.