Friday, January 01, 2010

December

was the month
- I did the most baking of any other time I can think of in recent history. It was a real pleasure to rediscover the therapeutic value of baking. And an even greater joy to see the happiness on friends' faces when presented with the finished product.

- I must have voiced my frustration at some of my baking attempts so much that fellow blogger and friend Bunny pointed me to her friend's delightful baking blog. My baking skills and ambition is nowhere near this woman's - hers is the type of creation that puts a BIG smile on anyone's face:)

- I finally found the resolve to "dump" people who frustrate me with their selfish and unkind words and deeds. I don't think they even know that they cease to matter to me. I don't think it matters to them anyway.

- I had the most number of dinners with and for friends. It is good to see them again.

- I closed out the year with a much better and healthier frame of mind and celebrated the end of another year with close friends and family who made me who I am.

I wish every one of my readers a very happy 2010.

4 comments:

zewt said...

from baking to wisdom...

yeah, it's a new year and it's always good to start afresh with those who matters to us. as for those who ceases to matter... well, they no longer matters anyway.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

happy new year to you too! cant believe its 2010 already

wildgoose said...

Happy 2010 again! The cake was good, and it was a great start to the new year.

sinlady said...

zewt - so sad but you are right again.

edpj - yes. glad to have seen you and the family right before the new year :)

wildgoose - hey - i attempted a version of lana cake this weekend, and it was good too!