Sunday, January 24, 2010

The coat

It's four days before my flight to the US.

The clothes and accessories I will bring are largely decided. The indecision is which overcoat I will need - the full length wool or the trench coat.

I don't need either in the Pacific north-west. The temperature there will be between low single digit and mid double digit C. The uncertainty hinges on the weather in NY, NY.

I have been monitoring the weather forecast for the past two weeks.
My judgement call is that by the time I am in NY on the 5th of February, low temperature in NY will be between -1 to -3C.

With the clothes that I can layer on, I have finally decided that the iconic London Fog trench coat will do me fine.


Finally. Decision made.

Every other piece of clothing will fall nicely in place. Heh!

7 comments:

dancingbunny said...

trench coat works better actually.
I had down jacket which is as good as useless.

sinlady said...

bunny - down jacket not warm? i am surprised!

wildgoose said...

Nice! Though I'm sure you're not wearing it like Gisele. :D

sinlady said...

wildgoose - thanks :) only because weather doesn't permit ! heh

dancingbunny said...

i was in nyc when it was -3 and freezing even with down jacket

sinlady said...

bunny - the forecast now shows temp dropping again to like -7C. still hoping it will be back up by the time i am there. otherwise, buy what i need heheh

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

enjoy your trip!