Monday, January 04, 2010

Planning a trip

The man and I have been putting together our itinerary for the US. We are working out transfers and accommodation for Seattle(the kid is there on a short stint), Bakersfield (where?) and New York City (yes!).

He is already getting the jitters thinking of
- the long haul to Seattle,
- the drive out of LAX to Bakersfield,
- the long haul back to Singapore.

I am excited about seeing the very good friends I left behind in Bakersfield. The long flight to and fro does not bother me. And I think so long as one is able to drive, travel within the US is not a difficult thing.

I know what I am looking forward to, in a country I am fairly familiar with, in towns and cities that are completely do-able. He will lose sleep over the unnecessary and the unvoidable.

It has everything to do with attitude, dude.

7 comments:

zewt said...

wow... i am jealous... i hope to make a trip there myself one day. the long haul flight will be worth it i am sure.

wildgoose said...

haha... he's one of those who must travel with a high level of certainty and familiarity.

suzie wong said...

haha doeshe read ur blog?

imp said...

hehehhe. the travelling does sound tiring. but hey, tell him the experience is IN the travelling!

have a good one. sounds like a long lovely trip.

sinlady said...

zewt - you will :)

wildgoose - he just has a hard time if he cannot control the situation.

suziewong - ooh...oops! haha

imp - it would be a long trip. can tell, but it doesn't lessen his anxiety.

we will :) thanks.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

sinlady said...

anon - thanks :)for visiting and kind comment.