Sunday, March 01, 2009

February

was the month
- the holiday season finally ended. I can get back to a more normal pace of living.

- I had an epiphany: I have lousy friends. Having admitted to myself that some people are just not worth wasting time and effort on, I have now moved on. I appreciate my other friends even more. My equilibrium is restored.

- I first heard the expression "happy like bird" . Of all the uniquely Singaporean idioms, I love this the best :) "Happy like toad" comes a close second.

- I had an unexpected call from Mother one afternoon. Even more unexpected was that I was not the target of her verbal and emotional assault. This time, it was my brother. The one who lived with the parents for the last 7 years during which time they have had many confrontations of significant seismic proportions. There will be a few more aftershocks to come, then calm will return. Until the next confrontation. That's just life with Mother.

- my blog got spammed by commercial sites! I had to delete the spam comments one by single one. I now make it a practice to disable comments to older posts as a precaution against future attacks.

- I will start on making fun plans for the rest of the year.

No comments: