Monday, March 30, 2009

Pieces of conversation

He had a dream.
He cheerily tells me he had the weirdest dream about me the other night. He doesn't remember most of the dream. What he remembers is that I was a quadriplegic with prosthetic limbs. And he recalls vividly long after he awakes that I was on the ground on my torso and looking up at him.

The weirdest bit is that he had a dream with me in it.

Quite a different matter from he dreams of me. I wish.

Got difference meh?
I asked her if a friend of ours is still dating the Lebanese. She tells me the guy is Libyan. How did I get Lebanese?

My mind goes to another conversation some years ago about another woman dating this guy that everyone said was Algerian. Or maybe Nigerian. Same difference they said, when I persisted with asking so which was he.

I guess it's the same difference this time too.

Claws.
I whine to a fellow dancer friend that I am distressed I am not able to make lovely soft wave movements with my hands in my dance choreography. My fingers lock and my hands look like claws. I show her what I mean. And realise to my added horror that the joints on my fingers are knobbier than I remembered them.

Sigh. I make knobby claw-like movements with my hands these days.

6 comments:

wildgoose said...

Eek! The dream is most weird. Reminds me of the story of Empress Cixi who had the limbs of the emperor's concubines chopped off.

Libyan or Lebanese, I guess so long as we know if it's still the same one

... and my finger joints have always been knobby. Same difference. :)

sinlady said...

wildgoose - so the dream is not unique weird heheh

the nigerian or algerian story was actually funnier

really?

dancingbunny said...

My finger is crooked....which is worse...cos I slam it in btw the hinges of the lab door in an ultimate freak incident few yrs ago...just try to relax the joints.

I had a weird dreams last night too...I dreamt that I became a nun!!!!

sinlady said...

bunny - oh ouch! u a nun ??? never can happen! haha

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

oh my gosh. the dream makes my hair stand!!!

aiya, i have hands like a chicken claw. i dont even want to think abt my finger joints.

sinlady said...

edpj - dream not so bad lah.

you have lovely hands!