Monday, March 16, 2009

Letting go

I felt it increasing over time. It's in her words and deeds. And stubbornly, I brushed aside my doubts and suspicions. Because I did not want to believe a friendship that lasted almost a lifetime has been a total sham.

But in the end, I had to face up to the ugly reality about our relationship. It is a lost cause, and I have already stayed the course, for old times' sake, for too long.

She harbours resentment towards me. In every thing and every way.

The sentiment has a name. It is called envy.

And against something as pervasive as envy, I have no defense.

So sadly, I let go of all hopes of salvaging a relationship I had treasured for too many years.

5 comments:

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

she is called a 'toxic friend', in another words. it is tough and sad to weed out these people, as they came dressed as 'friends'.

wildgoose said...

That's a pity. But I guess ppl change and you just have to move on.

sinlady said...

edpj - u r right about it being sad and tough even though it's not possible to carry on the friendship.

wildgoose - i have. but it still hurts to come to know the truth.

Anonymous said...

My 'toxic friend' gone like years ago. The sadest thing it happened at work. Cannot believe the kind of harmless look turned out to be a vernom. If u can remember you attended to her to remove her urgly mole, after that surgery she was so proud of her new clean look & had forgotten that I recommended her to go for the surgery and also recommended her for the job after 6months idling at home.

sinlady said...

anon@11.52am - hey kawan! i remember! it's always sad to learn about false friends, but it's also no loss that they are no longer in our lives.