Monday, February 09, 2009

Yuan xiao jie (元宵節)

otherwise, Chap Goh Mei (十五暝)
While Chinese New year is usually the most dreaded of festive seasons for many, I have to confess that I actually enjoy this holiday season. It has everything to do with the fact that I am not bogged down by troublesome traditions pertaining to family or superstitions. I am free to take the time to catch up with friends, close and casual. And I did plenty of that.

It is the season we greet with good wishes. We wish for health, wealth, prosperity, success and longevity - all the conditions that define good living according to Chinese tradition.

Tonight is the last chance to ask for wishes come true.

Tonight, on yuan xiao jie, under a perfect full moon, I will ask for the one last wish that got buried in the frenzied rush for the good life.

Tonight, on the last night, under a perfect full moon, I will wish for love. An old fashioned romatic love. Between one man and one woman.

4 comments:

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

how fitting. may your wishes come true!

sinlady said...

edpjunkie - thanks :)

wildgoose said...

You do have your wish. :p It was a lovely moonlit night, wasn't it?

sinlady said...

wildgoose - i do! but pple keep wishing for all the stuff they already got during CNY mah, and they still leave out love. it is sort of like renewal of contract hor haha