Wednesday, February 18, 2009

His other lover(s)

I thought of a particular man I know when I read this story.

Ever the Cassanova, even to this day, he has an endless string of extramarital affairs. It got to where I don't bother to remember the women's names because it will be someone else the next time I see him.

Perversely, he keeps mementos of his trysts. Photographs, love notes, gifts. All these are kept in a box stored in his office. He entrusts to his best friend the instruction that should anything happen to him to dispose of his secret stash. Under no circumstances was the friend to think he would be doing a huge favour by handing the box of secrets to the widow.

My story takes a departure from that in the news: the wife preceded him in death. He is now free to carry on with his predilection of the lusty lifestyle with single-mindedness.

Back to the story in the news: I can't help thinking how awful it must be to be robbed of the chance to cuss out the old coot.

6 comments:

wildgoose said...

Just as well. The cursing would change nothing.

sinlady said...

wildgoose - it would make a huge diff if it were me. i need to cuss at the fella, then i have to toss him out, then i can start to get over the betrayal.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

honestly, i have no idea why there are women out there willing to be the mistress, sometimes even when the men dont even have money. i see this happening even in my generation and it is indeed perplexing.

sinlady said...

edpj - because don't always love their wives, but men always love their mistresses. but i'd still it's all about the money with the mistress.

Suzie Wong said...

I dun think I'm with the topic, but whenever i have girlfriends who confide in me about their relationship with a married man, my question is always "are you happy? If you are not, why carry on?" For that matter, i think it applies to ALL relationships

sinlady said...

suziewong - yup. being happy in the relationship is all that counts, whatever the arrangement.