Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The paper chase

My morning routine: stumble out of bed, walk in half-wake mode to front door, pick up the newspapers, and settle in to read the headline stories with that first cup of coffee. The day starts right. Bliss.

Then.

Everything went awry with the delivery. Last Saturday, I got the Straits Times minus the Business Times Weekend. On Sunday, I got the Sunday Times with other publications I am not familiar with. On Monday, I got the Sunday Times again. Each time, I eventually got the right newspapers after making a call to the vendor who then got somebody to come around to drop off the newspapers later in the day.

The last two days were "normal". The correct papers were dropped off at my front door on the right days. My world is right again.

Until.

I saw the delivery guy dropping off the Sunday papers today (Wednesday) at my neighbour's.


Oh no. I think the paper chase is about to start again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

new bird delivering or wat?

sinlady said...

anonymous - could be :)