Monday, June 01, 2009

May

was the month
- I love. I think of the last of soft spring smells and colours before the full fury of summer heat claims its turn for the year. The antipodean autumn in slow surrender, covering the land in a blanket of golds and reds.

- most ideal for travel. For a brief few days, I considered Prague and Budapest by way of Istanbul. I never got any further than just thinking of it fleetingly.

- I stayed put in equatorial Singapore instead. And ended up having a good time making new friends who I am optimistic will rebuild my fast dwindling social circle as I continue to drop lousy people from my life. (How come there are still so many left?)

- I wrote the most "gripes and swpies" posts of any month since I started blogging. I wish for that to change in the new month.

- my hair has stopped falling out by the handful and is looking less tortured. I am contemplating going back to purple streaks again.So boh kia si (fearless) hor?

- I did not hear from Mother. The sister thinks Mother is totally distracted by Chai-nar (China) people and their tai-chee (problems) and has forgotten about us. I don't doubt it.

10 comments:

imp said...

what a lovely photo! very toned long legs there. and your balcony view is GORGEOUS.

sinlady said...

imp - thanks. i am actually surprised and thrilled i still look good from behind heheh. balcony view - ya, we very lucky we have unobstructed view around us.

suzie wong said...

oh wow! kudos to Mr YM, I believe he took this picture. Breathtaking-the model, the view etc.....

hey i know this sounds silly, but me actually tried the Ba-wang shampoo. u know the one endorsed by jackie chan like not bad for hair fall problem...heehee

sinlady said...

suziewong - yes he took the pic, early in the morning. not bad for that just tumbled out of bed effect hor haha.

where get this jackie chan miracle hair restoring shampoo?

dancingbunny said...

hey, my sister in law tried the ba wang shampoo as well. But haven hear anything from her yet. I believe it can be found in NTUC, giant and such...\

By the way, sinlady, the picture is soooooooo nice. I love it a lot!

sinlady said...

bunny - thanks:)

note to self - look out for ba wang shampoo next time in NTUC.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

nice pic! u look gorgeous :)

sinlady said...

edpj - thanks. it's my new favourite picture,

wildgoose said...

Everyone has said it already, but still, great photo! :)

sinlady said...

wildgoose - thanks. everybody does seem to give this pic top marks :) i think it's a woman's thing.