Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I hate this dress!

I don't remember ever hating a dress so much in my life.

I already hated the material at first sighting. It's a pale tropical print. I don't do pale tropical prints.

I hated the design. It's a fitted muu muu. I don't do muu muu's.

Then there is the tailor with attitude. On the first fitting, 9 out of the 11 dresses were too big everywhere. After alteration, the dresses came back fitting crazy - too tight here, too loose there. Those that were too long (mine included) the tailor took up from the shoulder straps.

I will be wearing this hideous thing on stage.

The friends had a good giggle over my exasperation and dismay. You frighten the dress too big can kah lao (drop off) is it? I frighten dress kah lao and I puak toh (fall down) because dress also too long. The friends exploded into unstoppable and uncontrollable laughter till tears streamed down their faces.

Such sympathy I get from friends.*hmpff*

12 comments:

imp said...

hehehehehe. sori!! i also giggling!!!

dancingbunny said...

yeah..sorry me too! The way the Kah lao was put across...oh my goodness. what happen? Can u get another tailor to alter it?

sinlady said...

imp+bunny - you guys are heartless man!

bunny - it's not worth the trouble anymore.

Anonymous said...

lucky you can sew some. I have to live with the very tight bust now cos I don't want that woman to touch my dress again.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

in any case... good luck for your performance and just enjoy it!

sinlady said...

anon@6.55 - mine is also tight across the bust. not altering that. too much work to let out.

i also don't want to have to see her or have her touch my dress again.

edpj - trying...

wildgoose said...

It would be better to wear a grass skirt with coconut husks. hahah.... tailor sounds terrible. reminds me of my wedding. "pfft"

sinlady said...

wildgoose - oh, botched up wedding dress is MUCH worse!

grass skirt and coconut shell bras so cliched lah. but there are really a lot of beautiful hawaiian fashions. i just hate everything about this dress.

Suzie Wong said...

WG-thought your wedding dress was perfect? or maybe it was the figure that was perfect in that dress..

SL-must be bad...how complicated can a hawaiian dress be?

sinlady said...

suziewong - it's not complicated. it's just awful in everyway. or maybe it's just me. i hate the damn thing.

wildgoose said...

Suzie - my dress was off the rack so not much chance to botch up. It was the man's suit. In the end, he wore a suit he bought from Zara. MUCH better than the tailor made one.

sinlady said...

wildgoose - buying ready made really a much better bet. no one will buy my hawaiian dress if it's on the rack. haha