Monday, May 11, 2009

Almost-famous

When the artist held her first solo exhibition, the friends and I made it a point to attend the showing and blab about the show every chance we had.

She was rather successful for a first time almost-famous artist. Most of her paintings sold in the first few days. It had to do with that fact that I blabbed to an office-manager friend who I knew had a nice budget and was looking to fill his office walls at that time.

At some later date, I told the artist I know the buyer and where her paintings are now. I expected some mild interest or curiosity from her. Or, at a bare minimum, a thank-you-for letting-me-know kind of response.

Instead, I got the curt explanation that the exhibition was handled by a gallery and she has no knowledge how her work is disposed of. Ooooh, excuse me. I am sorry to have interfered with how things work in the world of artists.

Now she has another exhibition coming up.

Do I think I will move my kaypoh ass to move her masterpieces this time?

I think I will let her stay almost-famous for a long time to come.

8 comments:

Johnny Malkavian said...

Remind me to invite you when I get exhibited. 8D

imp said...

aiyoh. why she so rude???

sinlady said...

jmalkavian - u must not forget!

imp - to let me know she is a real artist with unstable temperament and all?

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

ooh.. sounds like she has big time PMS or something. sometimes it does not pay to be kind.

suzie wong said...

wow! so arrogant....pls sms me her (i assume it's a her...dun ask me why) name, i'm so.o.o.o curious.

anyway, my team putting up a little performance at st james powerhouse dragonfly on 27th May 11.30pm, a road show cum promotion at downturn east on 30th May between 2 to 3pm.....a studio anniversary coming up in June and something else big coming up soon.....er...can help?

sinlady said...

edpj - it was no effort on my part. i just happily blabbed about the exhibit. she needs to polish up her pr or else just don't open mouth.

suziewong - so kaypoh haha.

no problem. can blab to get people curious to go:) esp the studio anniversary! so fast one year already!

Anonymous said...

yep no point helping people like that. even if you don't expect a favour in return, a basic thank you is called for. obviously artist thinks he/she in the big league already. let's hope bubble burst real soon. meow!

sinlady said...

anon - oooh, maybe you are right that she is already in big league and i too clueless to notice.