Monday, June 06, 2011

She's back

I never expect to hear from her again.

I was wrong. She emailed me, asking if I remembered her, asking how we are, it's been a l-o-n-g while since we last heard from each other, do we still go to Bali, to Paul Ropp etc.

As if the unpleasant incident about trying to borrow money from me never happened!

She tells me she and husband are back in Bali, he has retired from work, and she has a rental villa available whenever we next visit Bali. Out of curiosity, I looked up the other villa that was to have been put up for sale all those years ago when she desperately needed money. It's still there, available for rent by contacting her or her husband.

So, I replied to her saying yes, I remember her, we are fine, it's been a long time, we still go to Bali and to Paul Ropp.

And, yes, I'll let her know when next I visit Bali.

You know I will do no such thing.

5 comments:

tuti said...

money; sensitive issue.
better stay clear.

i have many rich friends. whilst they bring me places and 'feed' me aplenty, i think their houses have all my gifts lying around, haha.

sometimes friendship is a delicate balance. there is no such thing as give and give, i feel, being realistic of course. but that's just my opinion.
i'd hate to be a predator. since i'm poor.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

block her number and dont pick up her calls!

sinlady said...

tuti - staying far away from her. i still cannot figure out what she is all about.

and aiyoh, plenty rich people are one kind one. whatever rich means.

edpj - she wouldn't call lah, but yes, good advice :)

imp said...

just leave it be, an acquaintance-ship and politeness. But not on any sort of priority list. Good answer you gave her. Heh.

sinlady said...

imp - heh.