Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SinLady, Happy Birthday

Sometime in my early 20s, I stopped celebrating my birthday. I learn to avoid mentioning my birthday so that over the years, people start to forget about the day.

It isn't that I don't want to celebrate my birthday with friends; I just find it terribly awkward to walk into a party that celebrates ME.

I took to looking up certain special people in my birthday month, and ask them out for a quiet dinner or coffee. To have some "only for ourselves" time again. Some sort of renewal and re-affirmation of all that is good in our lives, you know.

Because of the recent sad medical news of father, I have been keeping a low profile this time. I just do not have the energy or enthusiasm to look up anybody. I had in fact cancelled a few engagements because I didn't want to put a damper on our meeting. You know who you are, and I appreciate your understanding. I will see you again in happier times.

But, some friends gave me a birthday do anyway. And to you, I say Thank You. For the friendship you give me. For the thoughtfulness you show me. For the happy times to remember.
p.s. check out what's written on the cake! I love it!!!

8 comments:

Jo said...

hey hey! Do I say happy birthday or happy belated birthday?? Whatever it is, I hope you had a great day and judging by the photos, with friends like these, I bet you had a heartwarming celebration? Love the cake, it's beautiful and very thoughtful, and need I add it looks delicious! Wishing you many many happy returns! :)

Lady J said...

Happy birthday Sin Lady! Love the cake and I'm sure you had a great time celebrating this special day with your friends ;)

tuti said...

Happy Birthday SinLady!
Cake with Sinlady written on it!! so cute!!
You look gorgeous, I love especially the one with your hair up.
I wish you good health and glorious travel days!

sinlady said...

thank you ladies. i love the friends too, but i really truly love the cake! heh!

imp said...

That's what friends are for. I'm glad you had a quiet good one with them!

sinlady said...

imp - i did :)

dancingbunny said...

Happy birthday!
Let it be a celebration of life and happiness and all the blessings stay with you always :D

sinlady said...

bunny - thank you! see you at some point in July during the ssf belly comp dates??