Saturday, June 04, 2011

FON people

It has been one week of bringing Father for tests, waiting for reports to be written, waiting for the team of doctors to confer. It will be next week before we will meet with the oncologist.

During this time I have some angry moments and some regretful thoughts as the mind reaches into dark recesses and cruelly yanks out long repressed memories. Mostly, I am able to keep my emotions in check, and get through each day with as little upset as possible.

I need my equilibrium. I cannot spare any emotion to tackle nonsense right now.

I also welcome diversion that allows me to focus on happier matters. So when the makan crew woman suggested getting together for dinner at their favourite Hokkien restaurant, I said yes. Then she said to limit the per head cost to $40/-. Then she suggested we order fewer dishes. Then she said if I have friends who are not budget conscious (what did she mean, really?) please invite them.

Like I said, I welcome diversion of an enjoyable kind. I am not about to take on planning a menu for a table of 10 with tight budget constraints and be told I have extravagant taste and friends.

With no hesitation, I told her to leave me out of the dinner arrangement for now. I have too much on my mind to deal with petty details over a casual dinner date.

I don't need to deal with people who are FON (full of nonsense). Especially now.

13 comments:

wildgoose said...

Take time for yourself. You need it, not this. *hugs*

sinlady said...

wildgoose - i'm fine :) thanks and *hugs*

tuti said...

wah, at that point when they started being calculative, i was thinking 'heck it' too.

tuti said...

arghh. sorry. i must leave hugs!!! especially at this timing. wildgoose 'taught' me some manners there. :P

sinlady said...

tuti - heck it is all i could think to do right now :) *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Some people are just weird when it comes to money!

sinlady said...

anon - actually, many people are.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

oh, really sorry to hear about this. take care... u know im available anytime for kopi or makan, if u ever need company!

sinlady said...

edpj - thanks. i will organise a meet up soon.

dancingbunny said...

Hi, take care sinlady. Sorry to hear about your father having some issues with his health. Stay strong.

sinlady said...

bunny - thanks. i'm fine.

Lady J said...

As if life isn't difficult enough, having FON friends is that last thing one needs! :)

sinlady said...

ladyj - yup. i am normally good at mediating.i am in no mood to deal with them just right now.