Sunday, May 16, 2010

My face

I refer to her as the old broad. She is a schoolmate whom I have not seen or spoken to for years.

The last time we saw each other was 5 years ago at an old schoolgirls' meetup . Right before the big evening she apparently said to other schoolmates that she'd heard I had my entire face botoxed and looked just awful.

I am neither sensitive nor secretive about using botox. I also use injectable hyaluronic acid to reduce naso-labial and marionette lines on my face. I presume she did not mention this because she didn't know there was such a product.


Five years ago on that big social night, several of my old schoolmates scrutinized my face up close and personal. It did not bother me that some questions were outright dumb or downright intrusive; I detected curiosity, not malice.


Later this month, I shall be at another social function where not only will the old broad also be there - she and I will be seated at the same table.


In the intervening 5 years, I have had blepharoplasty
done. I recently contemplated a mid lower face lift but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I wonder how much more awful she would say I look now...

6 comments:

wildgoose said...

You look good. That's all that matters. :)

sinlady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LuLu said...

Oh my! The woman is vicious! Stay far far away!

imp said...

IGNORE HER.

I'd love to use botox and whatever new technology when my time comes. Why should we go quietly into the dark. In moderation, which I know you possess, the effects can only be beautiful. You look great, woman. And you're a wonderful person. That's that.

Ignore that silly woman.

tuti said...

she's one of those beings put on earth to cause misery to others. but mostly, i think she's a big bag of burden to herself.

sinlady said...

wildgoose - thank you, thank you *big grateful smile*

lulu - oh she is. and it's not just towards me.

imp - woman, it's kind of hard to ignore when she keeps throwing annoying firecrackers at me leh.

don't worry. i am not really cut up by her barbs. and really, i look at botox and fillers no differently from colouring hair to cover the grey.

the point is trying to look better at whatever age, isn't it?

tuti - i agree she has her own problems and insecurities.