Friday, May 07, 2010

I wish I could be in California

The friends will be in California, Nevada and Oregon.

I had been searched my memory and researching online to come up with a manageable list of must-see and must-do recommendations.

Las Vegas, Nevada is straightforward enough. I have no local knowledge of Oregon.

But California...

I had to pare down the list I'd love for them to cover. I made strong recommendations for little eateries in the beach towns that they will drive through on the scenic PCH 1 from Monterey to Santa Barbara.

I cannot even begin to put into words the breath-taking beauty of Santa Barbara - its perfect Mediterranean climate amd its Spanish and Mission architecture - sandwiched between the sea and the hills of Santa Inez. She is, without doubt, the undisputed American Riveria.

California - I wish I lived there still.

I wish I were travelling with the friends as they cover those tracks of roads and highways that I remember with so many beautiful and sentimental thoughts.


I hope they will love the place as much as I. I know they will...

2 comments:

wildgoose said...

Santa Barbara does sound beautiful. :) Make plans to visit next year!

sinlady said...

wildgoose - it is one of those places you wish you never have to leave...