Friday, May 28, 2010

The Grand Dame at 80

Is she really 80 this year?
She is. And she celebrates in style with students, teachers and staff, past and present.

I almost did not go to the party. I am glad I did.


For I would have missed it all :

- reacquainting with the old friends and teachers,

- taking a nostalgic walk down memory lane as the students acted out their short play of the old school in the old days by the sea,
- reawakening the sense of pride for having come from a very special school that produced many special people.


p.s. I did not even bother to snap at the old broad scrutinising my face from across the table.

9 comments:

tuti said...

what a celebration!
i saw some of the pics on the link. thanks.
seeing the students at the chapel reminded me of the times we had ours at CHIJMES, now turned restaurant, goodness lol.

CHIJ will always remain a special place in my heart. i love being in that uniform (though i would have loved deeper pleats in mine). it gave me a sense of pride, protection, belonging. i was so sad to be out of them.
did you ever had to wear bloomers?!!
hahha. CHIJ legacy. oh my, the nuns were so conservative!

tuti said...

ah.. you look great btw!
gorgeous if i may say. :)

sinlady said...

tuti - yes, bloomers! i hated them! haha

thanks for the compliment:)

you picked me out from the photo that's so dark and blurry? wow! haha

wildgoose said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the party and not let negative people get to you. :)

sinlady said...

wildgoose - actually negative person did get to me; just the sight of her made me want to scream and shout at her.

imp said...

looks like a good one all in all. some bad, but mostly good.

sinlady said...

imp - was good :)

Anonymous said...

wow! a school reunion is great after so many years. i actually missed mine cos im not on the alumni list :( - EDPJ

sinlady said...

edpj - i'm not on mine either. just hope you have friends who continue some kind of association with the school, and they will come look for you :)