Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Hosts and visitors

I have a relay of visitors coming into town starting next week. Many I look forward to seeing. A handful I am unsure of and have been agonizing over what to do about them.

I got to thinking of the friends who were ever so considerate, who went out of their way to make sure I am enjoying my time in their country. I also recall the ones who gave me the oh-so-glad-you-made-it-here-let's-meet-up-sometime spiel and I never hear from them again during my entire stay.

And it dawned on me that there is a direct relationship between hosts and guests : lousy guests and visitors make lousy hosts and vice versa.

And suddenly, it is all so clear to me who I will not entertain in town, and who I will not want to look up when next I travel.

I believe I finally see the light. Heh

P.S. I know the rationale is not well put forward, but that's all my tired brain can manage right now.

7 comments:

LuLu said...

No leh. I understood completely. So True too. And unappreciative guest cannot make a gracious host. There. Right?

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

... just pretend to be out of town when those unappreciative ones are in town? when u are in sentosa. or something like that. hehe.

imp said...

aiyah! not difficult lah! just do what you feel like! you've prob known them a long time? so at the back of your mind and heart, i'm sure you know somehow. :) so have fun next week with the good ones!

wildgoose said...

It's all clear lah. Just do whatever your heart says.

sinlady said...

lulu - right.

edpj - sentosa is out of town? haha

imp - yes, known them long time. some of them, i don't know why i carry on knowing them. but yes, i will have fun with the good ones. thanks.

wildgoose - i try to do that. just sometimes, i feel a bit too selfish, you know?

suzie wong said...

if you carry on "feel a bit too selfish"..than u will carry on "knowing them". not grammatical and not sure if i make sense..haha..sorry too exhausted already

sinlady said...

suziewong - i know exactly what you are saying :) go sleep lah. tomorrow your BIG day!