Monday, January 26, 2009

Houseful of Children

There is this rare breed of people who loves babies and young children. I have an aunt and uncle who are just like that.

They raised their own two children - a son and a daughter - in the 1970s. Then they helped looked after my sister's son in the 80s. My aunt also gives home tutoring to school children who often stay throughout the day until they are picked up by their parents at the end of the long work day. Theirs is a house always filled with the laughter of young children.

I truly admire this couple for the unconditional love they have for babies, infants and young children. Theirs is the only relative's home I go for a visit during the Chinese New Year season.

The aunt and uncle now have 3 grandchildren - aged 3 years, 5 months, 3 weeks. I am truly happy that they have their children's children to care for now.They are kept busy with looking after the young ones.

Very busy. And very happy.

5 comments:

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

I know I have a young baby. But I dont think I can be the grandmother who would look after three kids of that age group at one go! Her house must be chaotic. I am sure your aunt's children are very thankful for her help, however. Nothing beats the TLC of loving grandparents

sinlady said...

edpjunkie - their home is like a nursery/kindergarten all the time! everyone is happy :)

wildgoose said...

They really love those kids. Sometimes I get tired just after half an hour of dealing with my nieces and nephews. Two of them is enough to create chaos.

Anonymous said...

wow! truly amazing, your uncle & aunty...sorry not comparing human to animals but sometimes I see the people who run ALL (pet villa), their love so unconditional and magnanimous. trulu deserving of an award...sorry, did i digress too much?

sinlady said...

wildgoose - i can't deal with children on any protracted basis either.

suziewong - i totally relate. i used to volunteer at animal shelters instead of people centres when i do community work.