Monday, December 01, 2008

November

was the month
- It finally feels natural not having work days in the week.

- I got acquainted with the zambra mora in workshops conducted by the world famous Flamenco master Antonio Vargas. I fell completely under the spell of this beautiful strong dance genre that has its roots Spanish and Moorish gypsy
traditions.For Flamenco enthusiasts, the good news is that Antonio Vargas now has a studio in Singapore.

- The women friends looked me up for coffee chats in between their shopping-filled days. It feels so much like the old days as I realise with amusement and tolerance that we are still the same person after all these years. Just less inclined to disagree because it takes too much energy.


- I got around to clearing out the guest bedroom which became the default store room from too many months of non-use.

- The friends have started to call about the holiday get-togethers. I like the frank forward planning and co-operation from this group of people.


- Two special friends had big "0" birthdays. One turned 40, the other 30. They start a special chapter in their lives. I find it hard to believe I followed the ups and downs and twists and turns of their personal and professional lives for almost ten years!
So auntie of me *haha*

- I take a deep breath as I look at getting through December, my least favourite month of the year.

4 comments:

wildgoose said...

Dec is the fav month of many ppl. Why is it not yours? I just feel my weekends are filling up really fast though.
Time really flies. We've known each other so long. :)

sinlady said...

wildgoose - i just don't enjoy the xmas / newyear thingy. yup, it's been a long time us knowing each other :)

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

oh my gosh, u know each other for 10 yrs already?! amazing.

sinlady said...

edpjunkie - i just realized how long ago it was when suziewong kept reminding us she turns 40 now, and i remembered her saying she was what-and-what age and worried about her competitiveness in her industry.