Saturday, December 27, 2008

Days of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas, I did nothing much of anything except try to recover from the Night before Christmas.

On the second day of Christmas, I braved the shopping crowd and went into town to have a late lunch with a special friend and ally from the bellydance clique. We spent the rare occasion catching up with girlie gossip and left each other reinforced with the certainty that we righted every wrong.

I even felt brave enough to do a home hair colour job on my tortured hair which has turned a truly yucky yellow-orange. My hair is now a less yucky violet red if any body wants to spot me by hair colour.

On the third day of Christmas, my mother rang. There went my feel-good of the season for the day. Dang!

4 comments:

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

u tried a home hair color job? i never got the courage to try any of them. better to leave it to the professionals i say!

i guess its back to reality for us now. im getting too used to taking a break from work already, not sure how i can survive the next two months without going on leave!

imp said...

i'm sorry! but this post is so hilarious!!!

don't let your mother spoil your day. look at your hair and go "hur hur, i made it better!"

wildgoose said...

It was mad the second day in town wasn't it? It didn't feel like a weekday at all.

sinlady said...

edpjunkie - used to do my own hair colour all the time. it's only when i need highlights and lowlights that i go to the colourists. you poor thing - going back to work will be so hard after the holiday break!

imp - you read the post in right light :) and mother did not really spoil my mood.

wildgoose - oh man! there were long lines for everything everywhere!