Friday, November 30, 2007

Letdown @ Domvs

Delicacies of Desire: White Truffle.

Chef Lino Sauro.

A reputation for fine dining. A recent make-over.

A re-launch of the restaurant with a new menu.

I was convinced. I had high expectations. I was sorely disappointed.

The new decor was boring, the lighting was so dim as to depress, the background music was dodgy enough to irritate.

Passable food in teeny portion is served up in fancy style at exorbitant price.

Not my idea of a good evening out.

No more ristorantes for me. I will stick to trattorias and pizzerias for Italian food henceforth.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still stick to pontini and spizzico for casual italian.

for fine dining italian, there seemed to be alot of unstability in the scene right now. will see which restaurant surfaces when it has stabilized.

sinlady said...

imp - good choice both :) thanks. I do love spizzico in particular.

Suzie Wong said...

pics look deceiving tho, especially the CAKE!

sinlady said...

suziewong - dessert is chocolate lava cake with walnut ice-cream on the side. it is acceptable. presentation is great in the restaurant. food is very mediocre.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

one of the few reliable places to dine is fontana heights!

thanks for the lor mai fan.. its delicious :)

Anonymous said...

DOMVS? That's also spelt 1980S isn't it Reminds me of the time when Marco Polo Hotel was still around.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sinlady said...

edpj - :) and enjoy.

shan - now that you mention it, I think you are right.