Monday, December 03, 2007

Popiah @ Home

The man and I finally found the mood, time and courage to do homemade popiah dinner for the friends.

My impression of popiah from early memory and friends' remarks is the nightmarish amount of work involved.

Well, my recollection was not altogether off the mark. There is no getting around the labour intensive slicing and cutting of vegetables that make up the popiah filling. It took me more than 3 hours to get through 3 kgs of vegetables. And I am NOT slow.

But it was not nightmarish, and it was certainly worthwhile effort.

We had a wonderful time with the food. And an even more enjoyable time with the company. There was the update of a wedding. And all those travel tales to share.

The thoughtful friends took care of dessert.


This velvety rich chocolate truffle cake is my all-time favourite sinful finish to any meal.

I *heart* these people.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wildgoose said...

And the greedy frens just eat. :p Great meal. Thanks so much.

sinlady said...

wg - :)

Suzie Wong said...

I may not be present but i choose to believe I'm one of the heartable one! :)

read my latest entry, you'll know I'm losing myself this month :(

sinlady said...

suziewong - definitely you are !
Read your latest post, now we are all worried for you!

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

that was a good gathering :) and hmm have i mentioned to u before that i really, really love the lor mai fan? yumz.

sinlady said...

edpj - it's the company that made it such a good get-together. You are welcome to the lor mai fan :)