Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Breaking silence


We were all regulars at this
place.

I considered her a big star at the mike as she belted out hits from the Carpenters, Helen Reddy, Carol King. I thought she was awesome, so confident of herself as she made the rounds - introducing herself to newcomers, catching up with news and gossip with the regulars.

I chose to be deaf when she would relish in revealing dirty little secrets of any and everybody. I chose to ignore her lurid re-telling of her sex life with the worthless bum that she so obviously adored. I told myself everybody enjoys a little juicy gossip to spice up their lives.

But I had to re-assess my favourable impression of her when she attempted to insinuate rivalry between friends when none existed. Initial mild annoyance quickly escalated to watchful alarm before eventually graduating to outright rejection of her from our lives.

I hear of her life unravelling. The bum was openly running around on her; her once illustrious career has stalled; she has put on a ton of weight.

I want to feel some sympathy. But she persists in pushing all the wrong buttons with us. She takes malicious pleasure in creating discord with semi-truths if not outright lies every chance she gets.

I see her now as an insanely jealous vile fat ugly unloved and unlovable old fool.

I finally accept the fact that she had always wished bad things upon us.

I find vindication in breaking silence today.


7 comments:

wildgoose said...

Oh I thought she's out of your life long ago. Just keep her out from now. :P

Suzie Wong said...

Oh wow! You pen them down so much nicer than i could ever have or have expected.

I'd probably have just said "you fat ugly fart...why do you go round telling things and make it sound like I'm remotely connected to your breakup? So what so good about that sly cheating bum anyway. Now that he's out of your life and stop sponging you, you should be happy, but instead you blame us for not telling you earlier about his cheating ways (actually whole world knew as he was so blatant)and thus prolonging your suffering...how to tell you when all you say when we meet you is what a great man he is, like he is the only man in the world....How do i know whether you just pretending not to know & bragging or genuinely believed that he is the only man who can cook and chauffer you around? And not forgetting the sexual satisfaction you derive that only this man can provide. So if tell you already how? No more body to cook, drive or give you statisfaction?

hahahaha....just kidding, you know i'm not the sort...lol

Chris Chew said...

Hello :)

Suzie Wong said...

Hello Chris! wow, didn't know you have SO.O.O.O many blogs.

Hey since you into fitness, any idea where i can get sponsorship if my pole school wants to organise a pole dance/fitness competition?

sinlady said...

wg: she is out of our lives but she continues to say stuff to incite our ire.

suziewong : got anymore to say? LOL

chris chew : hello back :)

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

whoa. once of those toxic "friends".

like all women magazines would say, good on you for tossing her out!

sinlady said...

edpj: tossing her out is the only option.