Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Pain in the ...

It started with a vague ache near my left heel that was tender to the touch. I ignored it the past two days and carried on with my usual dance practice.

By this morning, I was not able to bend my foot downward nor walk properly. I was actually limping!

The man, my in-house doctor and personal attending physician, pronounced his diagnosis. I have achilles tedonitis. How did it happen? Apparently, it is a common injury caused by overuse of dorsiflexing the foot.

The crushing blow is that this is an injury that must not be worked through, or I will actually rupture the achilles tendon. In which case it is surgery and living in a lower leg-foot cast for a couple of months.

I am now on paracetemol (doctor's orders) and hot compress. And limping. It is the limping that is getting to me.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear. rest up! don't limp. just put foot up on chair and rest!

sinlady said...

imp : doing as much of that as I can stand to!

Suzie Wong said...

so you have to stand tippy-toe? i can only say, at least you save on consultation fee! hee...get well soon

sinlady said...

suziewong : right now i cannot flex my foot in any way without pain. Therefore the limp in my walk from just dragging the foot.

Doctor's advice all the same with or without consult fee - take 2 panadol and call me in the morning :)

Simone said...

Ouch! Hope your foot gets better soon!!!

sinlady said...

simone : It will be alright. Today it's at least 50% better. Limp not as pronounced :)

3A Gurl said...

How horrible. Get well soon!

Jodie said...

I hope by the time you get to read my comment you'd have felt better now. If not, rest up and I hope you are well soon :-)

sinlady said...

3a gurl and jodie : thanks girls. I am resting that foot as much as I can. I am actually getting a little worried now because it has been a whole week and the swelling/ache keeps coming and going. Sigh.

wildgoose said...

oh. Hope you get much better soon. But well, things like that takes time. So just have to be patient.

I like the part about doc's advice. :D

sinlady said...

wildgoose : being impatient trying to be patient already!

Doctor's panadol advice? LOL