Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Eating with Friends

This girlfriend started her circle of eating friends - school friends, former colleagues, uni mates etc. - when she started work.

I joined her group on and off over the years. Of late, I have started to look for them more frequently.

After years of going my own way, sorting out my life, trying to make a connection with so many different people, I find myself drawn back to the familiar. I know their quirkiness and their sincerity. Over the years, I got to know every line on their faces - creases that came from years of sharing evenings of laughter with good friends.

The circle of eating buddies have lasted 30 years. And I know we will carry on for many many more years ahead.

Because, in the end, it is not about the eating at all. It is about getting together for an evening with good friends.

Thank you, girlfriend, for starting this group and thank you, group, for your active participation.

I have come back to take my place at helping to keep a good thing going.

7 comments:

wildgoose said...

nothing like bonding over eating. :) i was just wondering, whether we should do coffee and cakes again soon, before the xmas frenzy.

Johnny Malkavian said...

Food is love. 8 )

Sometimes I wonder if I had come to terms earlier that food, like love, should be consumed and shared in small, exquisite portions, I'd be just that little bit skinnier. *grin

sinlady said...

wildgoose - yes, let's get together soon.

johnnym - what are you saying?!! consume food with care; love with abandon. sounds more right now :)

suzie wong said...

the prawns from which restaurant pls? yummy

sinlady said...

suziewong - very impressive presentation hor? putien (heng hwa) on kitchener.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

WG, SL: i second the bonding over eating bit!

SW, haha, i was going to ask that too...

sinlady said...

edpj - it is about time we get together! let's work on a date soon ok?