Monday, April 13, 2009

Here comes the bride

Dinner conversation was going nowhere.

Until..
.

The conversation turned to the wedding of the woman whom I detest intensely. Delicious and malicious gossip was aplenty.


She has put on a tremendous amount of weight, something like an additional 10 to 15 kgs to the original 100 kgs. She could not walk in high heels, so she resorted to waddling down the aisle on flats. She had ordered two wedding gowns online, and the one she managed to squeeze into was splitting at the seams in protest. Her makeup was her usual kabuki white mask, black circled eyes and too-red lips, but applied with industrial strength intensity for her special day.


The groom, previously described as a quiet man, was now an unhappy quiet man at the wedding. And he was so tiny next to her. In my mind's eye, I saw a desperate-looking doomed drone trapped beside an out-sized queen termite in bridal white.


I am fully aware that it is not the done thing to take gleeful delight in hearing mean things being said of anyone. But about her, I can always make an exception and feel no guilt allowing the baser side of me to surface.

And in taking irresponsible and irrational pleasure in blogging about this puerile rumour to keep it for posterity, I sink to a new low.

Heh.

8 comments:

imp said...

ROTFL. your description is so funny lah!

ps: i thought all brides slim down with a vengeance for their wedding??? what happened to her?!

wildgoose said...

I like the choice of "waddling". :D

suzie wong said...

i, however, like the part she applied make up with "industrial strength"...hahaha, like how kids would steal their mum's lipstick and circle their lips till lipstick flattened! lmao

sinlady said...

aiyoh. she hasn't got a friend among the lot of you haha.

imp - she really has a weight problem for years now. i should feel badly for her but i don't.

wildgoose - the other women used the word. not me. the only input that is solely mine is calling her queen termite.

suziewong - too bad i cannot get photo to use in my post. think the worst, then up it a notch.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

aiyo sounds very sad. it is every bride's nitemare to put on weight for her wedding!!

sinlady said...

edpj - she has always been huge, and somehow she just kept piling on the weight leading up to her wedding. it really has to be the ultimate nightmare.

dancingbunny said...

I like the queen termite thingy. Its just plain hilarious. Just like how I called my boss that "mammal" who begs on the streets

sinlady said...

bunny - :)