Monday, March 12, 2007

The Sweet Life

I love getting my favourite people together for an evening of food, drinks, and conversation.

I prefer doing this at home because -

I have the place for it,
It makes for a more intimate evening, and
We do not have to watch the time.

The sweeties invariably want to help out with the dinner and would suggest we pot-luck it. I prefer to take care of the meal proper on my own, so I always say dessert will be appreciated.

Just over the course of the recent holidays alone, I have had the good fortune of having sampled the most divine of sweets:

Chocolate Truffle cake
More Chocolate Cakes
Tiramisu
Gelato
Chocolate
More Chocolate

Not to be left out are the impossibly great desserts made by the talented and skillful among us.

What about the 3 kilos I have gained? I think they are going to stay with me a while longer.

For I love this sweet life I have.

4 comments:

Suzie Wong said...

Pai seh i brought nothing. just came and eat. But if i had, it may be more than 3 kilos...hee.

and yes, you have a huge, nice and breezy place. only thing missin' is THE POLE.....just KIDDING. I'd rather the food, the conversation and the company.

Again, thank you. Me still thinking of the "char siew"

sinlady said...

Oiy! What "char siew"? It was "siew yuk" I fed you! No wonder you excused from bringing dessert.

Suzie Wong said...

Oh ya....hahaha, the sinful layer of lard must have clogged my brain....hahaha.

sinlady said...

SuzieWong : haha Good one.