Thursday, May 12, 2011

...the wind sure blows cold...

I've always heard it rains a lot in the Pacific North West. I now can attest to that fact.

We left Bakersfield April 30. That was the last we saw the sun.

We've been in Seattle and then Vancouver and Calgary-Banff. We are now back in Vancouver, and will leave on Friday for Seattle again.


I exaggerate not, but it has been rain and gray skies 80% of the time we are here. There has been even a day of snow in Banff! In May!! It isn't miserably cold, but having to be bundled up all the time is getting to me. I want to see myself in pretty skinny clothes once in a way, alright?

But that will have to wait till I get back to Singapore in 10 days' time. For the next week and half, I will live in my pile of clothes.

Like they say in a song, "... the wind sure blows cold way out there ..."

ps I think I need only post one picture of me for this entire trip since I have my leather jacket on every time.

5 comments:

imp said...

enjoy the rain, grey and cold. it's blistering hot here where the rain doesn't seem to help.

tuti said...

i echo imp.
please enjoy the cold. it's unbearable here.

Jo said...

LOL! Post it anyway! The grass sure seems very green on the other side. It's just scorching hot over here! :)

sinlady said...

jomel - ya, i will :) i hear it has been horrifically hot in Sg! i am not miserable this time in the cold and wet actually (compared to Feb 2010 in NYC). i just like the west coast here :)

sinlady said...

hmm...i thought there were a couple of comments here earlier, but looks like it got removed somehow when blogger was doing clean-up. re-post it it was yours, ok??