Wednesday, May 04, 2011

April

was the month
I went back to Bakersfield at the right time.

All the friends were home. Even the ones who now live outside of Bakersfield came home for the week.

The days were a crisp 20C. Wisps of cloud softened the bright sunny skies with pillowy patterns.

I accomplished two important tasks this time in Bakersfield.

1. I met up with the two special women. The 15 or 16 years melted away as we asked after each other and about the significant people in each others' lives. I am just grateful to manage this start to reacquainting with friends I left behind.

2. I cleared and closed the storage unit! (more of this later).

Believe it or not, I actually hated to leave this town that I once couldn't wait to flee.

Either time does indeed heal all wounds, or time distorts history. It doesn't matter; I have my reasons for loving the place now.

7 comments:

tuti said...

hey, welcome home!
at 2.20am i don't have anything intelligent to comment. not that i do even when not sleepy, hah!

sinlady said...

tuti - not back yet. am in vancouver now then seattle. will be back may 20th.

imp said...

can't wait for your stories. i remember that vancouver will have its own tales too. tell me more soon. :D

sinlady said...

imp - you know i will :)

tuti said...

know you're fine! :)
please enjoy the precious times!

Jo said...

to the last line... or it could just be that you've found your closure. :)

sinlady said...

jomel - could be :)