Sunday, April 17, 2011

RTFM

I am busy finalising my travel plans.

My favourite premier carrier tells me that my scheduled return flight has been cancelled and they have rescheduled me to return one day early.


Well, I can return later, not earlier.

A trip to their service centre is necessary since a phone call will only get me through to a call centre hell in some foreign land.


I expect to have the flight change resolved within 10 minutes. I am dealing with a multi award-winning industry leader in its home country after all.


But noooo. The representative I was assigned blithely informed me (1) I could only be wait-listed on the flight that stops over at Narita, and 2) I could get on the direct flight by paying $75.00 for making the change.

In exasperation, I turned to her colleague in the next cubicle and started to whole process of presenting my case.

A few strokes on her keyboard and the change was effected. No fuss, no muss.


The first representative stared daggers at me.

I wanted to yell at her: "Hey stupid. RTFM, will you? You don't penalise your passenger traveling in any category when you cancel the flight, never mind a full-paying business class passenger."

But I looked into the stupid stubbornness in her eyes, and decided to ignore her instead.

I have many more things that require my attention before I leave in a couple of days...

13 comments:

Aelgtoer said...

Ya seriously can't understand these dumb bitches who are 1) unhelpful and 2)obviously plain ignorant and/or just retarded.

wildgoose said...

It really is silly to ask you to pay when the airline cancelled the flight. You should have complained to a higher level to fixed this.

imp said...

good on you! SQ has some standards, but their customer service reps are quite lacking.

sinlady said...

aelgtoer - something about being given a little power in their job, and they go bonkers, you know?

wildgoose - well, it would have come to that if no one fixed the problem.

imp - what went wrong in the training manual for the service reps?

tuti said...

wah so nice the business class. sorry i am so distracted.
for a potential air-sick passenger, do you think business class would ease the torture? lol.
probably when i see the bill, i would still zonk out anyway. :P

tuti said...

next question, always wanted to ask. first class and business class. biz class more expensive is it? difference? checking on website no point one. can't tell the diff. thanks!

sinlady said...

tuti - i don't think any class can ease air sickness :( and i am looking fwd to the all biz class flight that SQ tried to bum me out of.

about the air ticket prices, very embarrassing to say 1st class is like 7x econ, biz class is like 4x econ.

tuti said...

wah, means 1st class really classy wor. you know, i haven't sat on a plane before? :P i'm such a dinosaur.

sinlady said...

tuti - after you get back on your feet, treat yourself and go somewhere!

tuti said...

sinlady, i want to get a virtual boyfriend first. and then i'll take that trip. i don't even have to pay for him. he's virtual after all.

one of my wishlist before i kick.
sit on a plane! the other wishes, i give up liao.

sinlady said...

tuti - start with the plane trip to someplace. the rest will follow :)

Anonymous said...

aiyo... stupidity is such a crime! - EDPJ

sinlady said...

edpj - sigh. tell me about it.