Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Weave the Ruby Mandala

I started bellydance lessons with Keti Sharif. I have moved on to other good and great teachers to whom I am grateful for their patience and generosity in imparting their skills and expertise.

I attended Keti's Ruby Mandala workshop - a
beautif
ul 2-hr session of smooth downtempo veil work of flowing pattern formation.

And as before, I find myself amazed at how this dancer-teacher manages to teach, inspire and challenge students at any level. I feel included, involved, and ultimately, I feel I am really dancing.

That is the strength of Keti Sharif the bellydance teacher. She manages the tricky balance of teaching while tapping into the student's level of individual ability so that at the end of the workshop, the student comes away with ownership of the dance.

I know I still love bellydance, I still dance today, I still think bellydance is relevant in the word of dance, because of having her as my first teacher.

4 comments:

tuti said...

a belly dancer is a confident woman, assured of her own. this, all i see in you, sistar!

sinlady said...

tuti - hey sistah! you think too highly of me, but thanks all the same :)

wildgoose said...

You'e lucky! I only attended one class by her. Having an inspiring teacher makes a world of difference.

sinlady said...

wildgoose - it really does :)