Friday, March 18, 2011

The sale I wait for

I have a love-hate relationship with Bali.

I hate having to quarrel with the hotel receptionist for trying to give me a room that is less than what I booked and paid for. I hate the the bumpy taxi rides through narrow lanes that are more pot-holed than paved surface. I detest alfresco fine dining in the sultry evenings. I have no patience with the street vendors hawking cheap tourist trinkets at outrageously inflated prices.

Then there is Paul Ropp. I love-love-love his Indian inspired bohemian creations. The Paul Ropp shops in Bali each carry a small selection of clothes and accessories. I love rummaging through a much bigger selection at his warehouse sale.

And yes, I love to see once again the big smiles on the faces of the crew who work here.

4 comments:

imp said...

oh the colors! such fun!

sinlady said...

imp - yes! and all the more fun because of the chaos haha

wildgoose said...

That's lots to go through!
I'm sure the crew is happy to see you too. :)

sinlady said...

wildgoose - i did alright with shopping and yes, with the crew too.