Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Macam Boh Sistem (MBS)

Many people describe this integrated resort in many ways - glamorous, stunning, very h-u-g-e, very luxe, very class. A few mention the confusing long walks to get anywhere within the premises.

I have little to add to the noise. The crew and I were on a recce mission to find places to bring our visitors. This place got struck off the list. The place is too macam boh sistem for me.

I was immediately pissed off that there was no signage to say parking in Towers 1 & 2 are strictly valet park only. Self park is (snort) w-a-y across the other side of the street in Tower 3. I was in no mood to find Tower 3 and was told to leave key in car. Key in car was not moved till I-don't-know-when.

The view in Skypark is spectacular, to say the least.

The 150 metre 3 lane eternity pool is ridiculous. It just looks like a very long longkang.

Differently uniformed people jumping in front of me to stop me from entering sections blocked for private parties, grand openings, special events, whatever, is damned annoying, alright? There are many bars, clubs and restaurants at the Skypark, but not a single outdoor seated bar. We decided there is no need to bring the visitors here.

Getting out of the place is another mess. The taxi stand and valet counter are situated close to each other at the grand front entrance. There is a perpetual long queue at the taxi stand, and no designated spot to wait for private car return. I hated having to run after my car as the valet drove past me to the furthest end of the driveway.

I remembered I could not wait to get away from the place. I know I am not returning to the place of my own volition.

7 comments:

wildgoose said...

So u did go! I definitely won't drive there either. Didn't even know there's a self-park option. I enjoyed the swim with a view, so no complaints about it being a longkang. :P

sinlady said...

wildgoose - we even ate there and gave up the idea of bringing visitors there. MBS really needs to work on what they are trying to do!

Anonymous said...

one trip there for the jewellery exhibition put me off the place. no need to explore the long kang and everything else. aaa

Anonymous said...

They have serious problems in every aspect of providing hospitality, and that is the business they are in! ZuZe

imp said...

i was virtually parked there all of this week. we've learnt not to valet park and just ownself park at convention centre area. but MBS is really not a big deal. Our Discovery Channel glams it up. Tell them to watch tv prog. better.

Anonymous said...

Think both IRs have equally no system. Somehow both places just r not appealing to me - EDPJ

sinlady said...

aaa - sigh.

zuze - sigh. i know. i don't even know where to begin if i had to rework that system.

imp - silly me wanted it to be a big deal. yup, it came across better on
discovery channel.

edjp - !! merry xmas !! been ages!
i haven't stepped into the other yet, but i believe you. so sad.