Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mistakes from the past

I dread opening the mailbox (e- and snail) in June. I shudder to pick up birthday cards/letters from people I don't want to hear from. Worse if a thank you reply is expected. There's no saving grace all the way around, because they just go in the trash bin, if I even read them at all.

There are two people I particularly dread to hear from unfailingly every year in June and in December.

She is one. She who keeps telling me how much she enjoys hearing from me, then goes silent for months before she writes another bluffing-people lovey-dovey letter/card.She who keeps saying come visit her for her to return hospitality. And went hmm and ermmm when I showed up...

The other is the ex who will still send me cards/letters to tell me how much he loves me and thanks me for the time he was in my life.

I think some mistakes are so horrible that we can never ever be allowed to be truly freed from their coming back to haunt us...

10 comments:

tuti said...

mistakes. urgh. i hear you.
and again, mistakes happen most of the time because we're nice. or naive. or too trusting. so that is the saving grace. ;P

sinlady said...

tuti - ah, i'll go along with that:)

wildgoose said...

Just junk their cards and don't reply? They have to get it at some point.

The ex just sound like he's full of regrets. The other is plain annoying.

sinlady said...

wildgoose - i do just junk them. but it's still annoying to see them.

imp said...

it's all in the mind. of course we remember them. but we'll learn to live with them and let it go. otherwise, the demons will always haunt us, and that cannot be the case.

sinlady said...

imp - you are right. it's just harder at certain times to be confronted by them.

zewt said...

your ex still tells you he loves you... that's no good... no no no good.

sinlady said...

zewt - i know, i know, i know.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

its ok if your ex says that he still loves you. at least occasionally u can show the messages to YM just for kicks

sinlady said...

edpj - haha.