Sunday, May 25, 2008

Saiidi on a Saturday afternoon

I've been looking forward to this workshop for weeks. And inevitably, work threatened to get in the way. It never fails to amaze and annoy me how appointment times mean so little to so many people. They seem to hold the view that if they are paying for your services, they own you and all of your time.

In spite of these inconsiderate people's best efforts to derail my plans, I managed to finish work and made it to Claribel's studio on time.


The Saiidi cane dance workshop was in equal parts enjoyable and educational. Claribel provided just enough historical and cultural background to the use of the cane in bellydance to make it interesting and give a sense of the mood/feel of the dance style.

Her new studio is big enough to easily accommodate the 12 participants without us hitting each other with our canes.Oh, and the most important accommodation of all for me - the studio has high ceilings so I am not hitting the ceiling when I need to hold the cane upright and high!

I also always look forward to seeing familiar faces. And am excited to meet the new ones.

I now look forward to another exciting date at Claribel's on June 1. All you ladies who have always wondered what bellydance is all about must drop in that Sunday. It may just be the day that will change your life forever.

See you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ppl who already know bellydance are welcomed? :P

sinlady said...

wildgoose - most definitely decidedly unreservedly YES!