Monday, May 26, 2008

Pietrasanta -a slice of Tuscany

These days I harbour no preconceived notions when trying out a new restaurant. Especially the newly opened and recently reviewed ones. I use the review only for pertinent information like address, business hours and days open.

There have been too many times when an entire glowing review is a work of fiction. And when you stop to think about it, why would a professional food critic write an awful review. It serves no useful purpose to the reader while it incurs the wrath of the industry players.

So with this newly acquired mindset, we set about exploring the month-old Pietrasanta (named after a town in Tuscany). And I was totally happy with everything about the place.

I was particularly tickled that they do a lovely baked eggplant starter smothered in cheese that's done to just the right soft (not mushy) consistency. I love their pizzas (any topping) and meat-and-cheese-stuffed ravioli. And, the sweet finish - Melthing Chocolate Cake that melted so sensually in my still greedy mouth. I have a feeling I'll love just about everything they serve up as I eat my way through their menu.

A noteworthy point - go on a week night when it will not be overly crowded. Then settle in for an evening of personable service and unpretentious home-style food in an atmosphere of rustic old world charm that is Tuscany.

Pietrasanta Restaurant is located at
5B Portsdown road
#01-03 Wessex Estate
S. 139311
Tel: 6479 9521
(Closed on Tuesdays)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was thinking to myself, 'try it tmrw!' then i scrolled down. and DOH! tuesday! no go!

His Food Blog said...

Hello!

Glad you like the place. As you put it, their business has been very good since the last time I reviewed - such that service standard has dipped a little due to the crowds.

However, that has not deterred me from bringing my mates to Pietrasanta this coming Friday. :)

sinlady said...

imp - heng i added the extra info :) do share your experience when u go!

HFB - hello!love your blog. glad i discovered it for this post. will be visiting often :)

Anonymous said...

sigh these days when i read about the food blog i kindof just breeze thru it. will not have the time to try , i seem to be working harder than before!

Anonymous said...

If you say the pizza is good, then it must be! hehe... me been thinking of checking out Portsdown area. Seems like there's a good reason to go now.

sinlady said...

suziewong - *sayang*

wildgoose - go and then tell me what u think. but really, must only be on week nights.