Thursday, May 01, 2008

April

was the month

- the man and I made a life-changing decision regarding our work, a decision that I have been so ready for for the past 3 years, but I suspect there is still some residual resistence in the man about making it absolute

- a longtime girlfriend whom I always saw as my young-younger friend turned 50 and

- I realized so many of the people I always thought of as my younger friends are fast turning 50 and it's not fun to be a few years ahead of the pack anymore

- I decided to make blooming flower tea part of the after dinner-experience at our home after getting very surprised and delighted response from friends who swear they are not tea drinkers

- we went to Xiamen for 5 days
- where the highpoint of the trip was my discovery of Chinese fashion label MixMind
- when I promptly proceeded to make such a huge single purchase that I qualified for a VIP discount card
- which tells me boredom makes me act compulsively, because, you see, I swore off urban postmodern fashion 10 years ago and MixMind is unmistakably, unapologetically, strictly, urban postmodern

- I was just glad to get back to Singapore and go about my sane and ordered life

We went to work 6 afternoons this month. Something tells me something's gotta give. And it will be soon.

12 comments:

Johnny Malkavian said...

The label MixMind is my highlight of reading this post! I don't know what fashion is enough to comment intelligently, but very nice! How very clean but un-boring! Hhahaa

Suzie Wong said...

from 9 afternoons to 6 afternoons! wa you good ah!

sinlady said...

jmalkavian - u have great taste :)

suziewong - i am actually beginning to think we are overdoing a good thing!

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

whoa wat life changing decision abt work? i still want to lasered by you guys, dont scare me leh.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

i guess we just have to scrub more diligently at home :(

Anonymous said...

oooh! it's fun to go to work for 5 afternoons a month ONLY. :)))

Suzie Wong said...

EDPJ says "I still wan to be lasered by you guys, don't scare me leh"...herro.....it's not for you to complain YET! I MORE scared lor!

sinlady said...

edpjunkie - aiyoh! u need nothing lah! diligent scrubbing does wonders already !

imp - yup! but also looks like things are going that way no matter what I think :)

suziewong - u no need scared lah. we not moving abroad leh.

wildgoose said...

I'm not getting it. You going to change line, work more, or what? Hmm.... I guess I'll find out.

sinlady said...

wildgoose - no interest to change line, no passion to work more so what's left?

wildgoose said...

but u told suzie wong you not going away, so a little bit confusing...

sinlady said...

hehe. sorry about that.