Sunday, June 01, 2008

May

was the month

- we made public our decision to exit from our work
- and found out who really cared that we should be happy rather than convenient and useful

- but then we knew exactly who these wonderful people were all along anyway

- which makes our years of association a truly meaning one

- we ate at our other kitchen 6 times, with friends, out-of-towners, and by ourselves
- and still think the food is great


- I had my hair bleached and coloured a brilliant violet
- which is something I wanted to do for a long time
- but had held back because I did not think it would inspire confidence to show up for work looking like a striped Barney

- mother and I are further estranged from each other because of the woman whom mother protects with fierce maternal love but whom I view with open disdain

- and I find I have no regrets about the unbridgeable gulf between mother and me


- we worked 12 afternoons this month

- which made May the most number of work afternoons in the past several months

- which made May the highest billing month in the past several months

- which made us feel good that we will exit on a high note

2 comments:

wildgoose said...

Nah. You don't look in the least like Barney. :)

hee... it always feels good to know that one's skill and professionalism is valued. :)

sinlady said...

wildgooses - true not quite barney yet :)

i don't know how much people value or care about skill and professionalism. it's just that i feel good knowing i did the best i could.