Monday, December 31, 2007

The coundown

I have been busy getting my life in order these last few days left to the year.

Yesterday I shopped for groceries. Then furiously vacuumed, dusted, wiped every surface in the home. Even rearranged furniture.

Today is a day of furious cooking. We will sit down to a fairly elaborate dinner paired with elegant wines. I will see the new year in with this small group of friends and their family.

I wish I could have more friends joining us, but one big tableful is all I can manage at any one time. The rest of you I will see very soon into the new year. I promise.

There will be another lot that I will not bother with any more. My relationship with them has been too lob-sided for too long. They have been too trying for too long in too many ways. I am better off without them, although I will never be able to figure out what went wrong.

While I am working on the to-drop list, I also sent sms to several numbers on my mobile. I will delete all the ones that I get no response from by January 2. Frankly, I don't remember who half of these people are.

In the next week, I will also go through my huge collection of calling cards. The ones I have not used in 5 years I figure I will never need again. I will get to deleting email addresses by the same criterion.

My contact list will be radically shortened. It is a good way to start over.

Hello new year.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just pruned my contact list too! The first cut was 'people below 17'. I think I should've made it 21!

Suzie Wong said...

me me me, don't drop me. I know i have been busy

Anonymous said...

heee heee. i received so many text messages whose name i don't have in my addy book. i didn't bother replying!

yay!!! cut down cut down!! then you're left with the good friends who make u happy!

sinlady said...

jm - and I am safely above your upper limit haha

suziewong - u get to stay.

imp - i have those too which i ignore (so bad hor). i like my short list better hehe

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

whoa i like your way of 'spring cleaning' your contact list.

luckily i replied to your sms yesterday!

sinlady said...

edpj - haha. so u r safe :)

wildgoose said...

wah... now you scare me into replying to my friends. =P

sinlady said...

wg - haha. and i scared some people into sms-ing as well as email the last 2 days !