Saturday, December 15, 2007

And the moral of the story is ...


This time two years ago, this was the arrangement she made with me:

I would do Christmas eve dinner, she would do New Year eve.

In the end, I did both Christmas and New Year's because she said her place was too small for the crowd.

This time last year, she made this arrangement with me:

I would do Christmas eve dinner, she would do New Year eve.

On 27 December, she phoned to tell me that 31 December was Hari Raya Haji. Her maid would like the day off and therefore she would do New Year eve dinner on the 30th of December.

This time, she made this arrangement with me:

We would each take care of our own Christmas plans, and I would do New Year eve dinner.

Early this week she phoned to say she would like to do New Year Eve dinner at her home because she had some people she had to take care of. Could I cancel/change my New Year eve plans with my friends at my home accordingly?

I said this time let's she and I take care of our own Christmas AND New Year plans.

I think this time, something finally clicked in my brain.

9 comments:

Johnny Malkavian said...

... ownself take care ownself is best?

sinlady said...

jm - ya lor. cannot depend on people anymore.

Anonymous said...

if everything go according to HER convenience, then she should do it on her own. how can expect the whole world to suit her schedule?!

sinlady said...

imp - it isn't even about HER convenience. with her it is expedience which means she does not make committed or firm plans. sigh.

Anonymous said...

aiyoh. i'm so scared of this kind of people. no firm plans one. me no like.

Suzie Wong said...

wa...take you 3 new years' to learn the lesson ah? hahaha, oops, ok, sorry!

sinlady said...

imp - me too scared of this type :)

suziewong - ya lor. i cannot believe got people so undependable type mah.

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

wow.. u are quite patient. still entertain her!!

its tough to hold a party. esp with non-commital people. they do not realise that the world does not revolve around them, and it takes planning to get the dessert up. sometimes i feel like the backup plan.

sinlady said...

edpj - absolutely right.

I was the backup plan 2 years ago for New Year dinner. Then last year, she did New year eve dinner on 30th. That was crazy!

It has little to do with patience on my part. I think I just didn't know how to remedy the situation after she screwed things up.

Now I just will not count on her to do the important dinners.