Tuesday, February 01, 2011

January

was the month
of seemingly endless catching up with all sorts of friends and family.

The very dear girl (women?) friends finally nailed a date and place for coffee. Only for us to find the place closed that week for renovations when we got there. Bah! We ended up at a hotel coffee house for our sad coffees, but the step down in coffee choice was more than compensated by the chance to meet for a few hours of exciting updates.

Another special woman friend remembered my wishful thinking of using gold bricks for door stoppers. She went and got one for me! She lugged it into town to put it into my grabby hands! She had knee surgery recently and was still doing rehab physio. Wow! I feel the love, friend :)

Various people told me of various people coming into town; various people suggested get-togethers for the visitors at various places and various times. I agreed we should get together, then made no plans. I have learned to not act on rumours. I figured someone else who heard the rumour closer to source would be moved to organise some sort of meet-up and let me know. And I shall graciously show up.

I met the parents for lunch and did the ang pow exchange thing.

I am so ready for the New Year now.

10 comments:

tuti said...

you sound totally ready for new year! i look forward to one more day of work and then off for a two day break! whee!

sinlady said...

tuti - i am :)
and you deserve a work break!

imp said...

wahhh. okay. let us proceed with optimism, caution and calm. *puts on warpaint

Jo said...

Charge on, dear!! :D I hope you had a great reunion today, I mean, yesterday! And enjoy the festivities, with all that it has to offer. Gong Xi Fa Cai! :)

sinlady said...

imp + jomel - i shall bravely soldier on! haha

da jia fa cai.

tuti said...

haha, the comments are funny.
happy rabbit year, dear sinlady!
wish you wonderful things for you and yours this lunar year!

wildgoose said...

My bad about the coffee place. January flew past for me and all I want to do is chill and sleep.

Now that you've properly warmed up for the year, enjoy!

sinlady said...

tuti - i love my readers :)

wildgoose - nobody's bad about the coffee date. why would anyone think the place would be closed for renovation that very week??!!

we should all chill this long weekend:)

Anonymous said...

It was my pleasure! Waiting for the 'giant' lapis lazuli rough to arrive. Heh Heh

sinlady said...

anon - lapis lazuli sounds beautiful :)
thank you again. i love the gold brick.