Wednesday, September 01, 2010

August

was the month
- feelings that were laid to rest, but were never abandoned, awakened. Feelings that are tied to gender studies, feminist politics and activism. Feelings and beliefs that I always hold close to my heart.

- these feelings were awakened from reading the Larsson books. I re-examine the lot of womenfolk in a world that operates by secular and religious laws made by men and despair at the hopelessness of gender inequity.

- I am further haunted by the reality of how unprotected a life partner is at the worst hour of her life.

- I am acutely aware of the change of seasons even if I live them vicariously. As summer fades into fall, I want to enjoy the little time that is left before the dread winter season takes over with its attendant garish holiday season.

5 comments:

tuti said...

i was more morbidly aware of my limited time a couple of years back. this past half year, i seem to have relaxed a teeny bit about it. i just hope the body holds out until the last minute, and i can go easily. don't want to wait till my wintry years. hate to be a burden.

wildgoose said...

It is a tough lot for women everywhere. Sometimes I wonder what I can do to improve the lot of women.

And I cannot understand how Larsson left his partner not taken care of.

sinlady said...

tuti - hey! we have no idea when time is up, so be sure to live well always.

wildgoose - it is a tough world for women. i can tell you working in any of the women's causes anywhere is so frustrating. the women you are trying to help can be frustrating.

i don't know what to think about Larsson not having a will...

Anonymous said...

definitely women need to work harder than men in many things. about not leaving a will or leaving a careless will - surprisingly many people do that! ~ EDPJ

sinlady said...

edpj - women work harder than men with little or no recognition from law or society. the only thing that pisses me off more than that fact it that the downtrodden women are so no aware of that!

isn't not making a will so scary? bad enough for married couples, but far far worse for domestic arrangement couples?