Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Suji : A Sweet and Simple Cookie

Suji cookies: it's one of those old-fashioned cookies I remember with great fondness from my childhood.

It's simple and sweet; the more luxurious version even carries a faint hint of almond or vanilla. I remember how I loved the way they would melt in my mouth, teasing the taste buds with a crumbly sweetness that is so decadent and comforting all at the same time that the day's worries are pushed away for the moment.

And like so often is the case, the simpler things in life are hard to come by. Store-bought suji cookes are either too coarse, too fine, too sweet or totally tasteless. I finally decided to try making my own.

They really turned out good for a first try, almost like the ones I had in the good old days:)

I have a question: why is this cookie called suji cookie when there is no suji in it?

10 comments:

Johnny Malkavian said...

Any leftovers for me to try? hahaha

wildgoose said...

now I really feel like having some. mmm....

sinlady said...

johnnym + wildgoose - aiyoh, pai seh. the small household here whacked all already. next batch i save some for you.

wildgoose said...

thanks for the thought. :) i was just voicing my wish.

sinlady said...

wildgoose - better yet, you can try making them :) really not hard and quit fail-proof

wildgoose said...

:) I'll need an oven first, but it's not on the top of my wish list now.

sinlady said...

wildgoose - oh chey!

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

this is really really good!!!!!

suzie wong said...

agree with EDPJ

sinlady said...

edpj + suziewong - thanks. sorry it was only one, but i really was trying to keep it inconspicuous haha