Saturday, November 28, 2009

On living with wrinkles (or not)

A woman will tell you about her sex life, or how much money she has, and then you say, 'Did you do something [to your face]?' and you get, 'Of course not!' ... How nice it would be for women to say to each other, I've done this and you can do it too.

Joan Rivers on the Rachael Ray Show


It would be nice, wouldn't it? To know that a woman need not grow all wrinkly into old age.


But instead of understanding and support, the focus is invariably on cosmetic surgical procedures gone horribly wrong.

It will not stop me from seeking surgical intervention when I get tired of looking like the old woman I will grow into.

The nay-sayers can wear every line and wrinkle they will gain over the years with all the pride and bravado they can find in themselves.

I am not that proud nor am I going to pretend to be brave about wrinkles.

7 comments:

suzie wong said...

yes & i have no qualms of aksing you where to find the best and cheapest surgeon when i need one

sinlady said...

suziewong - can! ask and i will tell!

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

i think i still favor those less invasive procedures like laser and so on. im so afraid of procedures and needles. but i might change my mind a few years down the road.

sinlady said...

edpj - you got many many years down the road lah. procedures and techniques would have seen many improvements by then.

don't get me wrong. i am not saying plastic surgery is a requirement as we start looking old. just that i don't think it is right that it is still such a dirty secret that people are afraid to admit having done anything.

dancingbunny said...

wrinkles is easily combatt with bo tox jab.
I always have this wildest dream about getting a nose job.

But after I saw the surgical procedures, I think I will die with a flat nose happy.

It is soooooooooooo scary!

wildgoose said...

I don't know if I ever will but I think I'm too chicken to. Lasik was already a big deal to me.

I guess admitting to surgery is almost like admitting one is old and needs "help" to continue looking youthful, and thereby losing the competition?

sinlady said...

bunny - oh yes, any time under 72 hours post op is horrific. incidentally, rhinoplasty (nose job) is one of the most gruesome of of procedures.

i've been a botox user for the past 8 years already :)

wildgoose - lasik IS a big deal. i backed out of that haha

yes, it is admitting getting old. like i said, facelift is not for everyone but i just don't like the fact that it carries a stigma.