Sunday, November 01, 2009

October

was the month
- I got re-acquainted with people I drifted away from years ago. For the most part, I am very happy to have come full circle and be with people whom I've shared so much history. I am unsure about my feelings regarding a couple of them though.

- I realised that there is a direct correlation between insanity and intelligence. (Think Dr. Hannibal Lecter). What is chilling to me is that I finally understand and believe that the insane mind is many times more intelligent than the sane.


- I made the most hideous lemon meringue pie imaginable. All three parts of the pie - baked pie crust, lemon filling, and meringue - were
inedible. And to think I used to be able to bake that pie practically with one hand tied behind my back! A sympathetic friend offered that humidity has to be accounted for. So what is it I was to do about that factor she did not offer. Sigh. Time to refresh basic pie making skills.

- I had two crank calls from Mother, and one crank call from her daughter-in-law. I actually managed to file the experience into the "no action required" compartment of my brain.
It did not stop me from being agitated and irritated with the two of them for several days after though.

- It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the shopping malls. Soon Christmas carols will fill the air. Oh joy.

8 comments:

Johnny Malkavian said...

One of the ways an intelligent mind is defined is by how much it manages to break free from the constructs of conventional thought.

What makes me curious here is this -

What was it that led you to this understanding?

and,

Why does it scare you?

sinlady said...

johnnym - it's someone i knew from childhood. i've always dismissed her as seow but harmless. recently bumped into her and i realised she could manipulate the friends into believing anything she says and doing for her what she wants. nobody sees this but me; that's what's scary.

wildgoose said...

Family really can be a headache, isn't it? Do you or do you not cut them off? I can't wait for the day when I can afford my own place and be far far away from some of these people.

And errmm... I can't bake to save my life. :)

LuLu said...

The scariest insane people are the ones who are highly intuitive = almost like they can read your mind.

sinlady said...

wildgoose - when family has negative influence, one should cut them off. it's just that i can't bring myself to absolutely severe all ties with them. so i keep contact to the minimum. i am lucky that i really left the parents home soon after i turned 18.

sinlady said...

lulu - those types are downright creepy *shuddering at the thought*

eatdrinkplayjunkie said...

direct correlation between insanity and intelligence - hmm interesting. fill us in on it when we meet. after SOO LONG!

sinlady said...

edpj - got much more interesting things to chat about lah. looking forward :)