Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Travel Morocco

I've always imagined I'd love to visit Morocco. Specifically, I imagine I'd love to visit Marrakesh. I just never worked out how to go about this trip.

I never figured out how to move around the city once I got there. The friends who've been all loved Marrakesh, speaking of beautiful riads, lovely cafes, good food in beautiful restaurants, great shopping at the souks. They purposefully ignore my questions about the chaos.

I want to be a participant, not merely a spectator. I don't know how I can do that in Morocco. I definitely dislike having a tour guide, usually a self-proclaimed expert, yammering in my face.

This may be the answer:
It all takes place in Fez, but I guess it's similar enough to Marrakesh, right? And the Fes Festival sounds interesting.

I am still thinking about it...

2 comments:

wildgoose said...

The Fes Festival sounds good. I miss Womad.
Just go!

sinlady said...

it really is the fes festival that sways me. i presume the group will be mostly terezka's bellydancers.